Emerging Talent Program (ETP)
Our eight-week internship program, known as ETP, offers a broad exposure of private markets to people who have been historically underrepresented. The goal of ETP is to encourage young women and people of color to pursue a career in private markets and ultimately will increase diversity across the entire asset class. Upon graduation from college, successful ETP interns may be considered for full-time positions in the Analyst Development Program.
Interns will learn by engaging in three different types of experiences:
- Professional development: Interns begin the program with half-day training sessions to provide baseline knowledge of the industry and about Hamilton Lane. These sessions are supplemented by professional development skills including topics such as presenting, writing, and networking.
- On-the-job-training: Interns gain exposure to private markets through hands-on experience. They learn through shadowing team members, and are also asked to share their input, ask questions, and contribute meaningfully.
- Collaborative capstone project: Interns work in partners or small groups to research and prepare a presentation that ties together their experience and demonstrates what they’ve learned throughout the summer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Analyst Development Program (ADP)
Our three-year Analyst Development Program begins with several weeks of intensive training at our headquarters. Once completed, analysts can pursue one of two tracks in roles that progressively grows in responsibility and accountability. Analyst roles are exciting and challenging; those in the program are held to high standards and are coached and evaluated regularly.
- Investment Analyst: Analysts work on one of our several investment teams: Fund Investments, Secondary Investments, Evergreen Portfolio Management, Direct Equity, Real Assets or Direct Credit Analysts’ roles grow progressively in responsibility and accountability over the three-year period.
- Private Market Analytics Analyst: Analysts work with the Private Markets Analytics team to provide insightful analysis on performance measurement, portfolio construction and risk.
Apply for ADP
What is the Analyst Development Program?
Analysts participate in a rigorous training program focused on the private markets, Hamilton Lane’s core processes and their professional role post-training. The program results in improved analytical and technical skills, strategic thinking and communication techniques.
Feedback and coaching are integral to the growth of our analysts. Each analyst meets with their supervisor on a regular basis to discuss performance and can also choose to match with a senior professional as part of a mentor relationship.
Opportunity & Exposure
Our analysts are an extension of our Investment Team. Throughout their time in the ADP, they work with some of the best investors in the private markets and become part of a team that aims to deliver exceptional results.
Hamilton Lane's culture is unique within our asset class. The atmosphere in our offices is collegial and transparent; we encourage collaboration and believe that all voices should be heard and all opinions valued.
Analysts who successfully complete our program are well prepared to launch a successful career within the private markets.
The Analyst Development Program provided me with a refresh of the basics, company and market specific training, and access to amazing mentors. This has not only reassured me but prepared me for my future in the private market space.
ADP CLASS OF 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
For any additional questions about our early career programs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.