Responsible investing goes hand-in-hand with our organization’s values. One needs to look no further than our mission statement to understand that the notion of investing responsibly is core to our culture. We enrich lives and safeguard futures. We do the right thing – we invest with partners who share our values and those of our clients. Responsible investing makes good business sense – it can reduce risk and seeks to create better outcomes – for all stakeholders. It helps to safeguard our collective futures.
- Environmental: We believe the actions we take today that affect our environment will impact us all. It is our collective responsibility to make thoughtful decisions that will safeguard our planet and preserve it for future generations.
- Social: We believe all people, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity or nationality, are deserving of respect, inclusion, safe work environments and basic human rights.
- Governance: We believe alignment of interests, fair compensation, transparency and accountability are crucial to generating long-term, sustainable performance.
ESG Data Collection, Reporting & Insights
- A clear starting point for selecting ESG metrics
- Painless data collection into a secure database
- Data insights and analytics tools to inform investment decisions
There is a critical need for better ESG reporting – LPs are asking for it, government regulation is beginning to demand it and trying to report with the fragmented and sporadic inputs of today is too hard. That has to change. The push for more responsible investing and for greater transparency in ESG measurement represents, I believe, one of the biggest opportunities in our industry today.
DIRECTOR OF ESG & SUSTAINABILITY
Responsible Investment Committee
ESG Investment Policy Statement
Climate Policy Statement
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Policy
The Paris Agreement
Hamilton Lane is proud to support the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, and its goal of limiting global warming to below 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels. The consequences of warming above these limits will be dire for large portions of the planet and their inhabitants. We seek to align our investment activities with a transition to the lower carbon economy needed to meet the goals of the agreement wherever possible.
Hamilton Lane supports the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). The TCFD has emerged as the predominant framework for reporting on climate-related financial information which is imperative to broadening industry understanding of the risks and opportunities posed by a warming climate. We believe that reliable data is key to both informed investment decision making and positive change for our planet.
Initiative Climat International
Our firm is a proud signatory to Initiative Climat International (iCI), a platform of leading private equity investors dedicated to understanding and reducing carbon emissions from private equity-backed companies. As a member, we commit to active engagement with portfolio companies to manage and reduce emissions and to promote sustainability.